Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Polka Dot Baby Quilt

Hello Everyone!

I was finally able to give my baby gift to the new momma on Sunday.  She really liked it so that was a relief to me.  Do any of you out there ever get that feeling, "Oh, I hope they like this!" when you give someone a gift you have made?  I do.  I was pretty sure she would like it but I was still a little apprehensive.  So, you're saying, "Show us already!"  Ok, here it is.  Drum roll, please!
A polka dotted large log cabin quilt.  (I'm still learning the names to all these quilting patterns so I had to show off my know how.  Heh, Heh.  This pattern is called a log cabin.)
A little closer up

So there you have it.  Now we have another baby due this week (yesterday, in fact).  That makes three babies within a month.  We are hoping this next one is a girl.  I've some darling girl fabric just itching to make it's way into a quilt.  Once these are done, I will probably either make a throw quilt for my daughter or one for my son's bed.  I keep putting off my son's quilt because it will be the biggest I've ever made and I'm a little nervous to give it a try.  Maybe if I'm really sweet my sister will let me come visit and use her quilting machine to quilt it.  Mine is just a normal sewing machine and it gets a little cumbersome trying to quilt anything too big.  So, Sis, how about it?  Please, maybe, sometime?  
So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment