Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Is it Spring or Not?!?

Hello Everyone!

I really had begun to think spring was here.  I was enjoying the warmer weather, the chance to wear flip flops again, to lower our electric bill (less heater usage) and just a chance to get outside.  So what happened?  It snowed again!!!

These pics are of the day after.  Since it had been warm, the snow didn't last long.  It was long enough for me to say "Brrr" and go light a fire and crank up the heat.  Not to mention discarding my flip flops for knee hi socks and shoes.  But since it is technically spring and this was on Monday; now on Tuesday, it is all gone. We are supposed to be up into the sixties by the end of the week.  Yay!  Now I'm going to show you a little of what we did accomplish when the weather teased us with it's warmth.
See all this ugliness.  We had an old barn foundation in this spot when we bought the property 13 years ago.  We removed most of the foundation but there was still a pile of rocks, scrap metal and dirt that had been piled up beside the old barn.  We've been wanting it gone for a long time but other things just made it to the top of the priority list instead.  We finally decided to do something about it.  I'm going to show you a few more of the ugliness and then the work being done to correct it all.
Don't know if you can spot the yellow in the above picture but there was a "diamond in the rough" on all that rock and dirt.  There is a little yellow daffodil that came up.
Sorry for poor picture quality.  The surrounding area focused great but the flower didn't. :(
A backhoe and a dump truck can work miracles.
Now I said I wanted to show you how it looked after they did their thing but then I realized that I didn't take any after pictures.  To tell the truth, it still looks ugly.  That is because we still need to bring in some topsoil and plant grass seed.  I did buy the grass seed at Sam's but am still waiting for the topsoil to be spread nice and level before I spread the seed.  I will have to do an update later.  We had to stop because of the above mentioned cold, snowy, wet weather we were having. :(   Hopefully, it will get worked on again soon.
Now you know how it is when a tractor type vehicle comes to work and you have a son.  Well, school went out the window for a little bit because my son (and my daughter) wanted to watch the men work.
Son chose the hammock. 
Daughter curled up in her daddy's jacket on the porch.
So that is some of what's been going on outside.  I have more but I think it will have to go in another post as this is getting lengthy.  So, what has been happening outdoors in your neck of the woods?  Let me know what projects you have going to usher in the spring.


Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment