Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm a Proud Momma!

Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I promised on my last post to tell you about something new that I was doing.  Well, the best laid plans of mice and men.  I got sick.  Just today I started working on the birthday gifts.  The baby item is going to have to wait as I need one more trip to Joann's before I can finish.  So, I say all that to say that I am going to digress to another subject for today.  Have any of you other moms out there ever had a time where you are working with your children to help them learn this or that and you're thinking, "Are they ever going to get this?" or just wonder when some of those household responsibilities will be able to be shared more readily with your children?  Well, I have to admit that at times when I'm snowed over with lots of household chores I think about my kids helping out more.  I have an eleven year old son and a nine year old daughter.  They do fairly well with helping out when they are told.  Now mind you it may take a few reminders to keep them focused but they still get the job done for the most part. (that is except for my daughter's room; we won't even go there.)  Now as I said, I was sick the last few days.  Actually, the whole family was sick.  My daughter being the first to come down with the fever, sore throat, cough, etc.  I thought I would get by without getting sick.  I think I forgot to knock on wood when I thought that.  I came down with it on Wednesday evening.  By Thursday, my daughter went from barely moving off the couch to being a regular Florence Nightingale.  She cooked dinner for us, got medicine for her brother, and brought me things when I needed them. (Kleenex, water, etc.)  Dinner was a simple affair of green bean casserole and crescent rolls.  She did it all by herself and I have to say, I was proud!  None of us was very hungry but we wanted something warm in us and her dinner did the trick.  She also helped me get a little laundry started.  So now I'm starting to see the training paying off.  Now if I can just figure out a way for her to want to do this all the time and not just when mommy's sick!

Have a blessed day!

maggie jane

PS.  I am hoping to give out my birthday gifts on Sunday.  I will post about what I made after that as I don't want to spoil the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment