Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recipes, Friends & Sharing

Greetings everyone!

I am going to start off my posting excursion with a story and a recipe.  The story goes like this:
Several years ago, I had some friends over for dinner.  When the evening ended, I sent a few leftovers home with my friends.  A few days later, she brought my container back to me.  You're probably thinking "So, what's so special about that?"  Well, I'll tell you.  The thing that was so special was that my container was filled with homemade, yummy muffins.  It may seem simple but that small gesture meant a lot to me.  It has come to mind several times.  In fact, I remember it every time I make these muffins; which is pretty often.  It was a gesture in thankfulness (for the leftovers), sharing (something that she'd made), and love (for me as a friend).  Not only did she share the muffins but the recipe as well because believe me, I called her up right away and asked for it!  That was probably 15 years ago.  I bet that she really didn't think a whole lot about the effect she had on me or continues to have on me because of that small gesture.  So if you read this Lorrie G., a big "Thank You" for your small act of kindness that has turned into many years of enjoyment.  Isn't that what friends and recipes are for, sharing?  Now, as I have said all that, I am going to share the same recipe with you my new friends (and some old ones as well).

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use mini chocolate chips)

Mix first 5 ingredients in a mixer.  In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients and then add gradually to the rest already in the mixer.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.  This recipe yields 24 muffins.  It can also be placed in loaf pans to make bread.  Don't forget to grease your pans or use paper muffin liners.
 

So here is my first recipe to share with you all.  Hope you give it a try and enjoy them as much as we do.  Give me a shout back and let me know what you thought of them.

Until next time,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment