Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Signs for a Baby Room

Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend.  We had a busy one.  Saturday, some friends and I put on a baby shower brunch for another friend.  I thought I'd share a few pics from that but what I really wanted to share was my last minute, night before, add a little extra to the gift, project.  I happen to be looking around blogland when I saw a picture of a baby room that had a really cute saying on the wall.  Since I was getting ready for this shower, I thought, "Oh, that would be cute to add to my gift."  Well, I had this thought at like 10pm  so I did a very quick variation on the theme.  The one I saw was big.  I didn't have that size frame and I didn't think my friend would want such a large picture on her babyroom wall.  So, I took the idea and adapted it to what I thought she would like.  I actually expanded it a little and did three little frames with three different sayings.  This is what I came up with:
I forgot to take pics as I was doing them so this isn't the best, most close-up picture but I think you can get the general idea.  The frames were a set from Target that I got quite a while ago and just stored for a "rainy day".  They were black so I threw put a little white paint on them and then distressed them a bit.  Then I went to the computer and printed my sayings, in purple, on cardstock.  I trimed them out with purple cardstock.  It doesn't show very much of the purple but that is ok.  I just needed a hint of the color.  Purple is what she is accenting with in her babyroom.  I wasn't sure the exact shade so I didn't want to "overdo" the purple and then have it clash.  Anyway, I was pretty pleased with how they turned out; especially as a last minute add-in to my original gift.  Now I will share a couple of pics from the table set up we did.  It was a fancy finger food lunch that everyone contributed to and then cheesecake for dessert.  If I haven't shared this yet, I will confess now that cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself yesterday by having two pieces.  I still am shocked at myself but I only feel a little bit guilty because it was oh so good!  Enough of that, here's the pics.






The food was yummy, the dessert even better, the fellowship a blessing, the giving special and a good time was had by all!

Have a blessed day!

maggie jane

1 comment:

  1. The signs turned out so cute! I'm sure they will be loved!! Food looks yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete