Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Long Suffering Husbands

Hello Everyone!

I encountered a funny thing yesterday.  Actually, I encounter this just about every Wednesday that is why it's funny.  A little background here.  I go to town every Wednesday for piano lessons for my daughter and shopping.  "Go to town" you say.  What's that?  For all you city folk, that is what us country folk say when we are going shopping.  I've had to learn this "term" as I was raised in the city.  Anyway, to my story.  I make it a habit to go to JoAnn's (is this good or bad?) just about every Wednesday.  A lot of times, my teenage niece goes with us so we "make a day of it".  We also hit other favorites like Target and Hobby Lobby (gotta love those stores).  We discovered that every time we go to JoAnn's there is at least one husband man sitting in his car in the parking lot.  I am making assumptions here but I believe these are long suffering husbands waiting on there wives to shop the fabric store.  I call them long suffering because most of you all know how easy it is to spend a lot of time in a fabric store.  As our minds roll with ideas and we compare one fabric to another.  Or, we stand there and say, "Should I get one yard or five?" or "It is such a good deal.  Surely I can find something to make with it." and so forth.  You all have been there and done that right?  I hope so because I don't want to be alone in my fabric shopping quandaries.  I say all that to say that it has happened so often now that when we pull into the parking lot, we look around for those long suffering husbands and just laugh.  So, next time you hit a JoAnn's, look around.  You just might see them too.  Some of you may not have to look farther than the seat next to you as you exit your car.  Heh, Heh.  To all you long suffering husbands out there, THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment