Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Repurpose, Redo, Repaint, Re, Re, Re...

Hello Everyone,
Here is one of those projects that I did last year in the midst of all the remodeling I told you about. 
This little project is a bedside table for my daughter. I purchased this little gem in 1993 when I moved to Texas. I lived with my aunt and uncle when I first moved there. Their neighbor across the street was having a yard sale. It was already an antique when I got it. Anyway, this is the third time it has been "redone". It's one of those pieces of furniture that keeps giving and giving. Gotta love those kind!
I almost forgot to take my "before" picture. I had already taken the hardware off when I remembered my camera. Anyway, this was what it looked like when it was in my son's room. Now, the next picture is what it looks like in my daughter's "new" room.  I'm kind of a sucker for monograms and lettering so I decided to add the yellow "A" in the center to match the yellow on the wall.  I also scored the yellow ceramic knob at my favorite store, Hobby Lobby.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. 
I will try and intersperse my old projects that friends and family have already heard about on my private blog with new projects.  Don't want the fam to get bored.  (Heh, Heh)  So until next time....
Have a blessed day,
maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment