Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Today my baby is 11!

Hello Everyone!

Well, today my baby is 11. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. By the end of summer, I will also have an official teenager; as my son is turning 13. It just seems like yesterday when I was bringing them home from the hospital.

I was going to show a baby picture and then a now picture of my daughter.  However, I would have to find the baby picture I wanted and then scan it into my computer. Being as I have company right now, I decided to just show a couple that I already have on my computer. I was teasing her last night and told her she was born before the digital age. Which, of course, isn't true but it was definitely before I jumped on the digital camera bandwagon. I think she was 3 or 4 before I converted to digital. Anyway, here are a few pics from last year's birthday and then this year's.
One of my favorites from last year.



This was one of my favorites.



The look on her face says, "Are we done yet?" Just kidding. She is actually a willing model when I need one. I do a lot of practice on her. My son is a whole other story. I warned him the other day that I was going to take his b-day pics soon and he just groaned, "Do we have to?"
I love my baby girl and am looking forward to watching her grow and mature. Like every parent-child relationship, we have our struggles but overall we are pretty close. I see traces of me in her, some bad (Uggh!) and some good (Yeah!).

Those of you with young children enjoy your time and don't do the, "I can't wait until" scenarios because it all goes so fast. Before you know it they will be hitting teenage years and then poof, they'll be gone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLIE GIRL!

So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

PS. I'll get back with you on more kitchen updates next week. I've been doing a little spray painting on projects and a little shopping at my favorite store, Hobby Lobby! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment