Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kitchen re-do starting

Hello Everyone!

It has begun. I had a friend come over last Saturday and help me take all the doors off of my cabinets in the kitchen. My kitchen looks terrible right now. It is amazing how much we hide behind closed doors, literally.


I can't wait to get this project done. My nephew is coming Thursday to uninstall my cabinets to take to his shop. He is going to fix a few things, change a few things and give them a fresh coat of white lacquer. While they are out, I am going to paint the walls. Then, they will come back in on Monday or Tuesday with new counter tops. Wednesday, my hubby has off and we are hoping to install the tile back splash.  Thursday, I will grout the tile and hopefully by Friday I will be adding decorative touches. But you know how plans can change. This is all best case scenario but I'm counting on a few delays. Does that sound negative? You know the glass have empty instead of half full kind of thing? Well, I'm not trying to sound negative.  I've just been around construction situations too much not to expect some kind of delays.  However, I am hopeful that by the next weekend we will have a new kitchen! My daughter's birthday is that weekend so it would be fun to serve her her birthday breakfast in a new kitchen. I'll keep you all posted on our progress. ;) So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment