Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One of God's Promises

Hello Everyone!

Just thought I'd share with you one of God's promises.
See these puffy white clouds?  This is what our Sunday afternoon started out like.  We have been very dry here in the Midwest.  We really needed rain.  Well, the sky turned a little darker.
And the clouds became more plentiful.  Then the rains came.  They came down pretty fast and hard for a very short time. Then we had this...


Can you see the double rainbow?  A sign of God's promise after the Flood that he would never again flood the earth with water.  Well, we don't want any flooding but we sure need more rain.  We did get some again on Monday.  Monday night we had quite the lightening show according to my husband who was out fishing.  Where was I?  Me, I was inside with the blinds closed and my ears plugged.  Not really but I will say that thunderstorms are not among my favorite things.  Several of the thunder strikes sounded very close.  I've lived in the Midwest for 18 years but I get nervous every spring and summer when it starts lightening and thundering.  As the saying goes, you can take the girl out of California but you can't take California out of the girl.  We didn't have storms like this when I was growing up.  Anyway, I do love me some pretty rainbows.  As long as I trust in God's promises, I'll be ok.  Hope you've seen some pretty rainbows lately.
So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment