Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Almost a teenager in the house

Hello Everyone!

Boy, I feel like I've been gone forever.  I am feeling the end of the summer crunch.  I have been trying to finish up on a few projects before starting school again.  It has kept me too busy to get any posting done.  Sorry about that.

I'm even late with this particular post.  I wanted to share last week that I now have a 12 year old in the house.  My last year before teenagers!  My son turned 12 last Tuesday, the 16th.

 I forced asked him if I could take his birthday pictures early in the day.  He grudgingly agreed.  What is it about boys and getting their picture taken?  Girls seem so much more willing.  Ah well.  I'm sure it is that "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" type thing.
 
He chose to have his cousins over for dessert with a trip to the school for a game of tennis first.
It was very warm but we all had a good time.  It got us ready to go home and eat a special Frozen Oreo Dessert that my 10 year old daughter put together.  She's been dying to put this one together so she finally had an occasion to do it.

So that's all I have to share today.  I'm looking forward to this next school year.  And really truly, I'm looking forward to having teenagers also.  I just have to act like I'm dreading it. ;)  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment