Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quotable Quotes #3 and my son

Hello Everyone!

Today I am going to share with you my Quotable Quote #3.

A CREATIVE MESS
IS BETTER
THAN
TIDY IDLENESS

Well, most of the time I am right on with this quote.  My sewing room is usually a "creative mess".  However, lately my son has been having his "creative mess" on my dining room table and I'm not too sure I like that.
Notice sawdust everywhere.
"What is he doing?" you ask.  He has recently started making wooden fishing lures.  I don't know if he is using the right paint or doing it all the "right" way but he is learning, having fun, being creative, staying busy and making a creative mess.
"Mom, why do you have to take my picture?"
Ahh, there's a half, fake, forced smile.  
Here is a close-up of one he made recently.
Love the squigly eyes on this one.
Psst. don't tell him but we are talking about getting him some things for his b-day next month that might make it a little easier to do and to make the "creative mess" not so messy. (As in a box to organize all his stuff)  I love that my son is artistic.  He gets his drawing ability from his dad.  Maybe he's starting to get some of my craftiness. ;)  We'll see if this is a fad or maybe a lifetime craft for him.  Even though I don't like sawdust in my dining room, it is still better than "tidy idleness".  AMEN?  Amen!  So, until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses I have to quote to myself OFTEN!!!! "Where no oxen are the crib is clean, but much increase comes from the strength of the ox." Amen and AMEN!!! I LOVE the fishing lures!!!! I can see my son doing that someday....

    ReplyDelete