Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Friday, April 8, 2011

Mason Jar Vase

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is ready for a great weekend.  Can't say what my plans are yet.  I had plans but I think my hubby might be changing them.  We'll see.  Anyway, I was wanting to show you again a quick project using a Mason Jar.  I will be linking this up to Funky Junk Interiors: SNS #76

Back in February we were putting on a baby shower for a friend.  She is definitely into vintage.  I was doing the flowers and needed a vase to fit our theme.  What a better "vintagey" (is this a word?) item than a Mason Jar.  I decided I didn't want just any Mason Jar.  So I got out my Cricut and added a bit to it.  See for yourself and let me know what you think.
It turned out really cute with the added raffia and fit along with the vintage theme.  So next time your stumped for the "perfect" vase, just go hit your pantry for one of those canning jars.  If you don't have a Cricut, you could try chalk markers or maybe even permanent markers.  They would still give you this look.  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

1 comment:

  1. You have a Cricut? I'm so jealous! Not that I really need one, but who's talking about need here! I would love to get one someday! How do you like yours?

    ReplyDelete