Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finally a Recipe- Cream Corn

Hello Everyone!

I am going to share a recipe that is so easy and so yummy.  My aunt gave me this recipe many years ago and I have made it several times of late.

Aunt Nan's Cream Corn
Large bag of frozen corn (around 32 ounces) (I usually use two smaller bags)
1 stick butter
1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
2 T. sugar

Put all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on high for about 2 hours.
This is how is should look when it is heated through and everything is melted.

Now the other day, I had something else in my crock pot so I decided to try it in the microwave.  I used a covered casserole dish and cooked for several minutes. (Sorry, I can't remember how long) Just stop occasionally and stir.  This is so yummy.  It makes a great side dish and if you do it in the crockpot, you don't have a lot of work preparing it.  I have taken this to several potlucks and it is always gone in a flash. One tip, I might add, is to spray your crockpot with non-stick spray before you add your ingredients.  This will make clean up so much faster in the end. I actually do this every time I cook in the crockpot.  It really helps.  Try out this corn and let me know what you think.  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Nan recipes are always good, and generally have somewhat unusual ingredients, that make a recipe awesome!

    ReplyDelete