Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hello After Goodbye

Hello Everyone!

Hope all have had a good weekend.  A few days ago, we lost a young friend in a drowning accident while he was floating a river.  I am a little late in posting this.  If you read Kensington Cottage or The Virginia House, you have already heard this news.  However, I have spent the last few days thinking about the accident, the young man, and how fragile life can be.  I have thought about the victims of the recent Joplin Tornado.  I've thought of my father who passed away almost 3 years ago now.  When death comes to those we know and love or to even just casual acquaintances it can make you really stop and evaluate your life.

I grieve for the family of the young man and am praying that they can find strength and comfort in the Lord.  The two above mentioned blogs have talked about songs that mean something to them at a time like this.  I have been thinking of a few but one especially is called, I believe, "Finally Home".  This young man never made it to the shore of the river he was floating but he did make it to shore...

"Just think of stepping on shore and finding it Heaven
Of touching a hand and finding it God's
Of breathing new air and finding it celestial
Of waking up in Glory and finding it Home..."

This is just part of the song but just think of those words.  The other song I have thought about and hence my title is a song called "Hello, After Goodbye" that was recorded by Legacy 5 when they lost one of their members and friend.  The main thought being that for a Christian, this is not the end.  We may have to say goodbye for a little while now but there will be another "hello" and then we will be together much longer than we were apart.  My brother shared this song with me when our father passed away and it has been a big encouragement to me these past 3 years.  I hope this can be an encouragement to Christians out there who have lost someone.  If you don't know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, today is the day of salvation.  We are not promised tomorrow, or even the next 10 minutes.  So please take the time to ask the Lord into your heart and save you from your sins and be the Lord, Savior and Father of your heart and soul.  Thank you for listening and please pray for the family and close friends of this young man.  Until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment