Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Saturday, April 30, 2011

My New Posting Position

Hello Everyone!

Hope you all are having a great weekend.  I mentioned that my next post just might be from my new laptop computer.  Well....  Here I am.
Notice the cool drink and chocolate at my side.  Not quite the bon bons that I mentioned here but they still do the trick.  I am still trying to get this laptop figured out.  It has Windows 7 on it and I'm used to Windows XP.  The keyboard is a little different as well.  I think I need to do pinky exercises as the "a" and "shift" keys don't always type when I want them to.  I think I'm just not pressing down hard enough.  I actually staged this picture.  I really didn't eat all those chocolate kisses.  I did drink the Coke though.  I don't always sit in this chair either.  Most of the time, so far, I have been sitting at the kitchen table.  But that is the joy of a laptop, right?  You can go where you want to go with the thing.  What isn't a joy is the fact that you don't just go buy a laptop like I thought you did.  No, you also have to buy a router (at least in my case) and you have to buy Microsoft Office and you have to buy a bag and you have to buy this and that.  I had budgeted a certain amount and discovered that it was going to cost me more.  I was a little discouraged since I already felt like I was putting down a big chunk of change.  Fortunately, I was able to get an excellent deal on the Office program through Amazon.  Also, I have been able to sell a few things lately to make up for all the spending.  I have more to sell and we are having a pretty big garage sale next weekend.  All in all, I think I will be ok and won't go into any serious debt.  I was also able to pay off my SIL for the camera that I bought from her with one of my resale items.  My goal this year was to be able to get this computer and a new camera.  It is only May and I have been able to get both.  I feel very fortunate and thankful to my hubby.  I wouldn't have been able to get the computer this soon if he hadn't sold his motorcycle and shared some of the money with me.  Thanks Honey!  

As far as projects go, I started out my Sat. doing some much needed housework.  I was going along at a pretty good click when my back started acting up again.  So, the garden still needs to be planted, wallpaper still needs to be stripped, chair still needs to be painted, sewing projects still need to be done, etc. , etc.  But isn't this how it always is?  Project lists that never get done.  If one project gets completed, something else will take its place.  But isn't that also what most of us bloggers are all about...PROJECTS?  I'm sure I'll get to some of this soon (if the old back permits) as we only have about a week of school left.  HURRAY!!  Also, my hubby told me he would help me get the garden planted as kind of a Mother's Day present.  He told me to go buy the plants I needed and he'd help me get them in the ground.  I already have most of my seeds from my BIL but some of what I wanted I'm doing from plants that I'll get at Lowe's.

I do need to go do a little altering on a skirt for my daughter.  She has a piano recital tomorrow and I have been putting this off until the last minute.  So I better sign off for tonight and go crawl up the stairs to the sewing room.  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

Enjoy your Sunday!  "This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment