Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

T-Shirt Upcycle to Dress

Hi Everyone!

I tried something new the other day.  Actually, it has been a few months ago but am just now getting around to sharing it with you. :(  I was really excited about this project. I got the idea after reading this post from Make it and Love it.  She took a t-shirt and turned it into a dress for her daughter.  Now, mine isn't exactly like hers but the principle behind the downsizing is what I copied. And, like is my habit, I forgot to take a before picture of the shirt so you will just have to trust me that I really did downsize it.  The shirt was, I believe, a size 5 or 6. I cut it down, put it back together and added a few contrasting stripes, and came up with this.
A toddler dress.  Isn't it just too cute?

Made a matching headband to go with the dress.
I just love how it turned out and that I actually cut up a shirt and put it back together again.  I've wanted to try a few more but haven't gotten around to it.  I'll just have to add it to my never ending "To Do" list.  Have any of you tried this approach to clothes making? I'd love to hear about it and see pics if you have them.  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment