Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Toy and a Recipe

Hello, Everyone!

I got me a new toy last week.  It is a Ninja blender.  Now, just so you know, I'm not being paid to endorse this blender.  I have to say, it is wonderful.  I have never had good luck finding a good blender that doesn't bog down. This one is compact, has the motor on top, easy to clean and easy to use. It has a double blade which makes a more even blend. The price is great too.  I paid $39.00 and it came with a smaller version more like a mini chopper.
I made salsa in it today. That is the recipe I will share with you.

See how compact it is.  The containers also come with lids so if you are making say a smoothy but don't finish it all you can just put a lid on it and stick it in the fridge or freezer until you're ready to finish it.  

Can you see the double blade?  There is my quart of salsa all done up fast and easy.
So, do you want the recipe now?  It is a wonderful tasting salsa that doesn't get watery. I have had many compliments on this recipe so give it a try and let me know what you think.

Salsa
1 large can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 bunch of cilantro
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
canned jalepeno peppers (I usually buy the jalepeno veggie mix and use about 3-4 slices of the peppers)

Put all in blender or food processor and your done!  How easy is that? The pepper quantity is up to you as far as taste and how spicy you want it.  Give it a try and enjoy!
So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

1 comment:

  1. How fun for you! I finally quit using my blender and went to a food processor and immersion blender. I dream of having a Vitamix one day....

    ReplyDelete