Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wow! What a week! Part 2

Hello Everyone!

Just a little disclaimer here.  I was reading over my post to see if I had mentioned about us getting a new hot water heater when I realized that some of my words at the bottom were missing.  I don't know what happened.  I always proofread my posts before hitting publish.  It read fine at the time but now I see a whole chunk missing. I don't even know for sure what got deleted.  Something about JBF and wanting to make some good money because my niece is getting married and we are having lots of company and I want a new outfit.  Something along those lines anyway.  So if was a bit confusing, I offer my apologies.  I also found out by reading that I did not mention about the hot water heater.  Well, here goes.  We had to replace the hot water heater and, as it turns out, the pressure tank as well.  My hubby got it all installed and ready to go and we discovered a leak coming from the bottom.  We had a faulty water heater.  So he took it all out and we exchanged it for another.  No problem right?  Well, our water heater is in a tiny closet in the laundry room and the pressure tank is sitting on a platform above it.  To take the water heater out, we had to take out the pressure tank again as well.  Ok, deep breath, we can do this.  Next day, (today) found hubby installing the new one.  All is going well, I run to town to do some grocery shopping and he is finishing up getting everything going again.  I come home and he greets me outside to help unload groceries.  About two seconds later we hear a loud popping noise and I look up at our back door (glass) and see water gushing past like Niagra Falls.  Except it isn't rushing down it is shooting horizontally into the hall, pantry, bathroom and my son's room.  Hubby runs in to shut it all off and I cry.  I stayed outside to take a few moments to myself, move the car to the front door and calmly empty groceries.  Then, I collect towels from all over the house and start mopping it up.  Fortunately, it was just a fitting on the top that had come off and needed to be replaced with a different type fitting.  My poor hubby has been a rather good sport about it all.  He is very tired, a little frustrated, and glad it is all over.  We have a couple little drips at some of the fittings that might just need to be tightened or more Teflon tape added but over all, the project is done and we have water again.  After 3 days without water, I am so ready to wash dishes and clean my house.  At least we had electricity. Some winters, we go without both electricity and water for a few days at a time.  We may have to replace some of our laminate flooring but fortunately for us, we ordered extra so we still have a box in the shed.  I wish I had some pics to show you but I don't.  Running for the camera was the last thing on my mind.  If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be funny.  Probably seeing the look on our faces when the water started flowing would have been funny but I'm just glad no one was around with a camera! ;)  So anyway, add all this to the rest of our week and it has been a doosey.  So here is to sleeping in on Saturday and then cleaning house.  Oh, and finishing JBF.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

1 comment:

  1. Bummer!! Sorry you are having plumbing troubles, too bad we live so far away!