Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Monday, May 23, 2011

Prayers Needed!!!

Hello Everyone!

I am feeling very thankful today that I can write this post.  I haven't mentioned the exact location that I live but today I'm going to let you all know that we live very near Joplin, MO.  As most of you have heard, we had a very severe storm last night that brought a F4 tornado, rain and hail.  The damage is devastating.  There are 2000 businesses either affected or demolished.  There are numerous homes damaged as well. As for myself, family and close friends, we are all fine.  There is no way that anyone around this area is not going to be affected in some way or another.  I am not including any pictures but there are many online that can be seen.  There are also some very chilling videos to see or in some cases just hear what was going on in the midst of this tornado.  As of a few minutes ago, they have numbered the dead at 116.  I'm sure the number will grow.  So I'm saying all of this to say PLEASE PRAY for our town, those who have come to help and for the families of those who have been lost.  The support that I have been hearing on the radio and have witnessed in person is very overwhelming and humbling.  A big THANK YOU to all the volunteers and medical personnel who have come from all the surrounding areas to lend their support.  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

3 comments:

  1. Miss Maggie - we certainly are keeping you in our prayers and those that live in your area. Such devisdation is hard to imagine, no less to experience. Bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following the news reports and thinking of and praying for everyone involved. I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to go through a time like that. Glad you all are o'kay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you're all OK...I cannot imagine going through that....Know that my prayers are with you all. Praying praying praying!

    ReplyDelete