Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Italian Dinner for 11

Hello Everyone!

As promised, I am going to tell you a little about my Italian dinner for 11 that we had the other night.  I was not as diligent as I could have been with taking pictures of everything so you will just get a little showing.  Actually, I never took any pics of the main course, salad or bread.  You all know what spaghetti looks like though so we'll just pretend I took a picture. ;)  Anyway, we started out with a new appetizer and salad.  The appetizer came from a Taste of Home magazine.  It's called Spinach-Cheese Balls with Pasta Sauce.  I did take pics of some of the process.  I will give the pics and recipe in a separate post as it would take too much time now.  After the first course, we had spaghetti with Italian sausage sauce and a homemade alfredo sauce along with garlic french bread.  To go with it all, I made a refreshing drink called Strawberry Spritzer Punch.  For dessert it was something light and refreshing.  We enjoyed strawberry shortcake.  I had come across some really good strawberries and decided something not too heavy would be in order after such a heavy meal.  My original idea was to make some Dulce de Luche Bars.  These are chocolatey, carmely things and now I'm glad I didn't.  Maybe I'll share that recipe too sometime.  They're yummy!  We all did a little moaning after the meal was over; we were so full.  Well, I say all, I think some of the teenage boys could have gone another round but what do you expect, they're teenagers.
 Dessert strawberries.  Don't they look luscious?
 Strawberry Spritzer Punch (The pic is a little blurry.  Sorry!  I almost forgot to take the pic before it was all finished.)
This is the Spinach-Cheese Balls after they have been fried.  (Show process & recipe later)

So there you have a very simplified telling of our dinner.  Sorry I wasn't a little better with the pics.  I am planning to do recipes for the Spinach-Cheese Balls, Strawberry Spritzer Punch and the Alfredo Sauce over the next couple of days.  If you give them a try, comment back and let me know what you think!  So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment