Trades to Master

  • Things to Master: Sewing (Quilting),
  • DIY,
  • Painting,
  • Remodeling,
  • Cooking,
  • Gardening,
  • and so much more

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Organization

Hello Everyone!

Ok, so the sewing room isn't complete but I thought I'd go ahead and show some before pictures and some "sneak peak" pictures along with a few in-process type stuff. (Boy, that was a long sentence.)  Anyway, here are a few of the semi-before pictures.  I had already started moving things around so this is not how I actually lived with it on a regular basis. (Disclaimer: This is a photo heavy post.)  (Enjoy!)
Looking in from the doorway.

Looking in from the doorway.  That is my new table against the wall.

From inside looking toward the closet.

Inside looking out the door.

Sewing corner.
It was all very cluttered, disorganized and didn't utilize the space very well. Now I will show a few sneak peaks. By the way, notice the ribbon holder on the wall in the above picture.  It is no more.  I'll show you what I used to replace it.
Rain gutter turned ribbon holder.  Cost was less than $5.00.  Score!
Here is one end of my cutting table with all my art, crafting supplies.
We added yard sticks from Lowe's as our trim.  Dual purpose, cover side of plywood and give me a measuring tool.

Ok. Here is the whole table.  This is the in-process part.  I am going to make a curtain to go under, at the front, to cover all my storage boxes and such.  I was able to get more fabric to match the curtains on the windows.  This was very exciting since I got the first piece several months ago.  Yay for Hobby Lobby!
I just completed this chalkboard today.  Instead of sewing, like I was supposed to be doing, I ran outside to spray paint while the weather was tolerable.  Actually, I did do a bit of sewing but my serger up and died on me.  I have to wait until tomorrow to borrow one from a friend.  I thought the message on the board might help keep me focused.
This is my little art table.  It is in the corner by the closet and next to the shelves with all my supplies.  Right now my computer is on it but usually, it is covered in some project that needs to dry or something.  It is covered with brown wrapping paper to protect the surface from glue, paint, etc.  It has a little rod type thing that goes in the back.  It was my son's drawing table when he was little.  
Another reminder.
So, that is about it for now on the sewing room.  I have a few other ideas brewing in my head but they haven't come to fruition yet. These things take time (and money) ya know. I was also going to show you another project that I worked on this week in the area of organization but I think I will put it in its own little post. Here's a few clue words or phrases. Food as old as my daughter, dust bunnies, dirt, out-of-date, pantry.  I guess you probably have it figured out. So read Organization Part II to see if you are right. So until next time...

Have a blessed day,

maggie jane

No comments:

Post a Comment